View All Alerts
OCT 30, 2023
VIG Saturday Gate Hours and Supporting Facilities – Effective Saturday, November 11, 2023
Effective Saturday, November 11, the current Saturday gate program will conclude and will be replaced with the following:
- Virginia International Gateway (VIG) truck gates will open at 0700 hours, with an inbound portal closure of 1100 hours
- Standard mandatory reservation hours will be in effect
- The Empty Return Matrix will govern all empty returns
- The Portsmouth Chassis Yard (PCY) will open at 0700 hours, with the last trucks in at 1130 hours
- Norfolk International Terminal (NIT), the Pinner’s Point Container Yard (PPCY) and the Reefer Service Area (RSA) will remain closed on Saturday
Details regarding weekday and weekend gate hours, including non-mandatory reservation hours, can be found here: Port of Virginia Terminal Gate Hours
Please refer to the Port of Virginia website for holiday announcements Operational Alerts
If you have any questions, please contact the Port of Virginia’s Customer Service team here: POV Customer Service
We will continually review commercial performance and forecasts, ensuring that gate hour capacity aligns with customer demand.
Thank you for your partnership, and for your business.